Syringe Feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

imarunner8

My beardie had the calcium defiency and during his recovery I fed him through a syringe. He is now completely over it but I can't get him to switch back to eating on his own. He'll occasionaly eat bugs on his own but that's it. Any suggestions on how to get him to switch? I recently took him to the vet and was told there is nothing wrong with him he also runs around and plays still

Just cross your fingers and keep offering him things; he should eventually remember how to eat for himself :) Make sure he has a nice bowl of fresh greens available at all times, for if and when the mood to eat strikes. Perhaps a little bowl of calci/phoenix worms, too, or small dubia roaches, to pick at whenever he feels like.

If it's been a few days without solids, you can try hand-feeding him with the bugs and such. As long as he does get enough to eat, though, he should be okay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom