Juicy molted treats- safety concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrus

IS it safe to feed big, freshly moulted Dubia to my 3 month old bearded dragon? A number of times, I've been able to catch cockroaches mid-moult and thought they looked like a delicious treat for him. Only problem is, they were over the size limit. Is it safe to feed these freshly moulted soft shells to him?

Mysty

Juvie Member
I'd stick to the width between the eyes for now. Beardie will eating adult dubia before you know it.

White roaches do go down a treat.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
With crickets, roaches and locusts, err on the conservative side with the insect size.

Only time I consider safe to exceed the usual rule of thumb is with very soft squishy insects like silkworms.

Garrus

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":2vt5v4su said:
Only time I consider safe to exceed the usual rule of thumb is with very soft squishy insects like silkworms.
Soft and squishy was why I was wondering. They looked so plump, juicy and soft! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom