Food

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter691

Hey not saying that it would be a good choice or that it would even happen. I just bought a bearded dragon and He's a baby still. If I had to leave (5 hour drive) for a few days let's say a weekend would it be better to feed him in the morning on Friday then when I get home Sunday afternoon. Or would it be better to just bring him with me. I guess what I'm asking is how long can my guy go without crickets without it being dangerous for my little guy. Once again not saying this would happen. Just need to be prepared for emergency

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't leave a baby without bugs for more than a day or two. If you're going for 5 days I'd bring him with or have someone stop in to feed him every day. Some of them travel well and others don't like it. I'd test it with some short trips around town first to see how your dragon reacts to car rides. It's easier with adults when you can just leave a nice big salad with them but it's still good to have some one clean the tank and refresh the salad every few days if you're gone for a while.

PrettyinPurple

Hatchling Member
While your dragon is still a baby, I would say you have to bring them along. They are very food driven while young and require 1-3 feedings a day depending on the age. Once your dragon reaches an adult age, like someone else said, leaving them with a big salad for a couple days wouldn't be a huge issue.
As far as traveling, my 6 year old hated it. My sister had held her while they drove and the entire trip she was black-bearded. My 5 month old was transported in her tank (all logs were turned over so they couldn't fall on her) and although she curled up in a corner to feel more secure, she did not darken from fear at all. It really depends on the dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom