My son won't eat his greens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hibutan

So, Charm just woke up from Brumation about five days ago. He's eating his worms like normal and is active and happy. But... he won't touch his salad. I try and handfeed him it, he turns his nose away and closes his eyes like 'maybe if I close my eyes this green stuff will disappear'.

Do you think that he'll eventually eat his greens again? He used to eat them all the time! He loved them before brumation but now he's like 'nah' about them. I'm feeding him about 5 bsfl daily and a couple waxworms/superworms. Usually he gets a bit more but im trying to get him to eat his salad...
I have hornworms as well but they are still too small for him.

He is 15 months old approx. 16" long. Wasn't treated right by his first owner at all so getting him to eat his greens at first was a pain too. He came with the worst case of pinworms my vet had ever seen, but was clear of them before his brumation. Any help is much appreciated!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Well, I guess just keep on trying. You might keep offering a small amount of insects but offer the salad before.

Another thing to try.....drop 1-2 of the bugs he loves in for him. Then while he's waiting for another to drop in, drop a nice piece of greens right near him. Sometimes just seeing the movement will get them motivated. Sometimes hiding a few worms under the salad works too as they see the salad " moving".

Your son should come around at some point. :)

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Wax worms and supers are like cake and ice cream to dragons. I would drop those from the menu, till he gets back on greens.... Only option at this point!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom