Dragon Only Eats Insects

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibelius

Got a Dragon recently, nearly a year old, can't get him to eat greens or any kind... He just wants to eat Superworms and Nightcrawlers... Today, he ate 24 superworms in 5 minutes...

Any suggestions on how to get him to eat greens and less insects?

loveaemily

Make sure you offer the greens before the bugs! Try different types of greens (mine HATE kale they wont touch it with a 10 ft pole). I have had good luck with mustard green. Try offering the greens with some fruit, sometimes that gets them to go for it. Usually as they mature they are more willing to eat greens, but some just don't care for them.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Have you tried adding buggy crutons to the bowl of salad greens ?

Have you tried handfeeding some shreds or small bits of green or veg to the juvenile beardie inbetween bugs ?

Give lots of fresh greens and veg to the insects (he will get the greens in disguise that way).

Give beardie time , will likely chose to nibble the greens and veg of his own accord when he's ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom