Overfeeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yes he spends most of the time in his tank. I also feed him 2 to 3 hours before his bedtime then the lights go out completely. Occasionally will have him out and explore in a room hopefully that helps with his exercise and of course his favorite thing to do is baths. Probably like 2 or 3 times a week that's to help with his shedding. Haha its really cute what he does, after i feed him he jumps on my hand and stays there. I try to put him down on his branch or on the tile but hes like nope :lol:

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Although I noticed so far he hasn't gone to the bathroom yet. He usually goes once a day :? When i first got him he was going even twice a day. Babies go that much?
Heres a current pic of him now
92311-5073409458.jpg

Megdan1

Not to bomb this thread or anything but I was just wondering to ABHB my girl is just over 16 inches and 241g . I usually make her a dandelion and acorn squash salad in the morning with a onece a week fruit treat thrown in. but I typically feed about 15 crickets once a day along with the salad in the morning and afternoon(early evening) and one day a week, usually Sunday, I feed her twice a day insects with her salad. And I also skip a day in the middle of the week and feed her just salad that day.this is her most recent picture. Does this diet plan sound good? It seems to be doing very well for her. This also includes her multivitamin and calcium powder as well.
94519-2411791948.jpg

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Megdan1":2vtidcl3 said:
By the way you have a beautiful Dragon ?

Awe thank you :D He is much bigger now as big as your dragon, he's 18" and weighing about 350grams :shock: And right now he has been hiding/sleeping his man cave.
92311-6218069866.jpg
What he looks like currently lol I've been feeding him more greens/veggies/salads than protein. Luckily the feeders been lasting much longer and saving some $$

Megdan1

I love the stripes going down the back of yours. Yeah when mine started to get this size she really started to know what she wanted and likes salads more than insects so she kinda helped me make her routine for feeding. it's almost like she knew what she needed. She's always loved a salad anyway so I guess I was One of the lucky people who didn't have to go through though Toughness of trying to get them to eat their veggies. But now she REALLY loves it. But don't give me wrong she can scarf some insects down too and gets a very diet of insects. sometimes I just noticed her looking a little different so I'm afraid she's going to get chubbytoo, so I know how you feel.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah I love the orange stripes and has some blue/purple colors as well. Yeah, when I picked him out at Petsmart he was the smallest of the runt and most colorful "fancy" beardie. You have such a beautiful dragon as well. Is she fire red? Did you get from a private breeder? That's really fortunate you got a beardie who loves food. So does mine. He will eat anything. He actually enjoys crispy greens believe it or not. I usually take out the food at the end of the day couple of hours before the light turns off. I will see him munching on dried crispies haha so funny to hear the crunchy sound too. I think the most important part is that they do get some regular activity at some point. In captivity, there isn't much room, although I supply 4ft x 2ft x 2ft enclosure for him still nice to let him out and get some exercise, of course, make sure you watch because they can be super fast. I was letting him roam around in the living room and he took off I'm like oh great... so he went behind the couch... I was hoping he wouldn't leave me a big surprise but I got him in time. Do you take your beardie out for some exercise at all?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Both of your dragons look great and it sounds like they have very good diets. Keep up the good work !

Megdan1

It's good to get compliments because you put so much into them that they become like children, which I have two of.(2 beautiful daughters). Yeah I take mine out multiple times a day but I'm also currently a stay at home dad so I'm fortunate enough to be able to do that. Most if the time she doesn't want to go back unless it's bedtime. I actually have no idea what color phase she could be or any particular morph other than she is an orange in color hypomelanistic leatherback. She was a rescue from Facebook swap and shop. Can you believe I got her for only $50. Sad thing is the only thing that came with it was a dirty 20 gallon long tank with nothing else included. Luckily I had everything I needed already because I have kept snakes since I was 15. I wish I did know where she come from and what particular bloodline she has. Not that I would ever sell her but I wish I knew what she was worth because at $50 I feel like I got a steal.(or maybe that's how we all feel after we fall in love with them) At first I thought I got ripped off but was happy to be able to give her a good home. Then after seeing how beautiful her colors kept getting and finding out through research that she was hypomelanistic, I realized that I actually got a good deal. Either way I'm just happy she's mine now ?And I would never get rid of her for anything. By the way her name is Sweetie and she's almost 7 months old.(best I could figure)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom