Medium sized crickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hello,
My beardie is getting bigger around 10 inches or so. He ran out of crickets again and im still waiting for the dubias and BSFL to arrive (cheaper online). I went to the pet store and they ran out of the small crickets which is what i usually feed him but wanted to get him some food until then. I got the medium sized ones. That should be okay for him right? I gave him a couple and he was able to chow down instantly with no problems.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Can you post a pic of the crickets next to a penny ? As long as they are about the size of the space between your dragon's eyes they should be fine. Don't give him too many at once though.....if they ARE too big he might scarf them down and then vomit them back up.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
I gave him about 8 medium sized crickets. Normally he will eat about 20 small crickets for each meal. I dont like crickets but since these guys are a bit bigger so i put them in a 10 gallon tank probably overkill but dont like them jumping out of the cricket keepers.

92311-9458373142.jpg
92311-7944948733.jpg

In this photo there is a bigger cricket in the bunch which i dont feel comfortable giving him so ill probably just throw him outside.
92311-2177050966.jpg

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
AHBD":2xv9oixx said:
Those should be fine for him. :)

Sweet! I was kinda worried because he loves food and i know when hes upset he gets darker colors when he sitting on the bottom of his terrarium. So im like ahhh... im trying to get you some but they were out of the small. I seem to clear up their inventory on crickets :lol: All for this beardie who loves to eat.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Also, would like to mention he is only wanting to eat like maybe 10-12 medium crickets per meal instead of 20 small crickets. Is that normal?

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Thanks for the info.
He also seems to be more interested in the medium sized ones than the small ones :lol:
Its so darn cute how i have him trained to come down to his bowl when he is hungry :D

92311-4720801581.jpg

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
How sweet she is there waiting for her meal. :) Yes, it's O.K that she's eating less because these are much bigger + meatier.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Reptilelady":12rfyrbw said:
Thanks for the info.
He also seems to be more interested in the medium sized ones than the small ones :lol:
Its so darn cute how i have him trained to come down to his bowl when he is hungry :D

92311-4720801581.jpg

Gimme gimme gimme !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom