Cactus Leafs? Prickly Pear? Nopales?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Hi everyone,
I picked up some "Nopales" from a local grocery store and was wondering if this are the same as prickly pear or cactus leafs? I asked the guy and he said it should be the same thing but wanted to double check with everyone on here before feeding to my beardie. Also, if it is okay to feed him, how do i cut it or feed him? I just got the cactus pads looking ones: http://www.marxfoods.com/images/Bulk-Cactus-Pads_CactusPads-1.jpg

I am trying various foods for him since he seems to be picky eater aka stubborn. He loves to eat but very picky. Mostly all he wants are dubias and nutrigrubs :lol: :roll:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those should be fine. I haven't had access to those before so I haven't offered them but different types of cacti are supposedly quite a good option. I'd just chop them up into bite sizes and see how they go.

Reptilelady

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Good news. I cut a small piece from the pad and without the skin on it basically just the guts and goey part, he ate it right away :D I first gave him some cactus and collard greens and then after gave him some nutrigrubs. He is back to normal self now, thankfully.

I hand fed him the food so he must still like me. After, I hold my hand out and he jumped into my hand so i guess he is over being upset/ frightened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom