freeze dreid veggies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
any ideas how good the freeze dried veggies are that are meant for all reptiles?
i have the omnivore mix with carrots, peas, and all the other stuff that is for dragons. any idea if they are good for beardies?
Squishy is not going to touch them, and all he eats are the roaches. like i want him to eat his veggies mix with the bugs. but he refuses to eat them. he had is the dandelion leaves, and the spring leaves that you can get from the grocery store. but the freeze dried is a whole different story. it;s like he knows that they are freeze dried -.-
he would lick it and give me the "what is dis. dis is not the stuff i eat." and runs away D:
the brand is Zilla. D:

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
I never tried but I'd honestly not invest in it.
I know I received a freebie of mixed herbs and such by Arcadia to be added to salads, but I'd never go without fresh veggies. My dragons won't even touch it if it was frozen then thawed. Stocked up on a bunch of fresh veggies, froze it, and would take some out to thaw and feed and nope. That stuff goes to the roaches.

I'm unsure if they lose a good amount of nutrients from being freeze dried, but it lacks the moisture that dragons need from their fresh veggies, and they could become dehydrated.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
thanks for the reply. i have to put them in water and wait five minutes for it to soak and it turns into a thanksgiving dinner (expect it smells weird). Squishy would eat the bugs in the salad but not the salad itself. i might as well stick with the fresh veggies. (squishy is weird about his food)
speaking of roaches. i have one weird roach, its not like the usual brown roach. it has a little grey and it it skinnier then the dubia. i will have to take a pic of it.
do you know what kind of roach it is o-o
thanks

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Offhand it doesn't sound familiar...
Depending on where you get them from, they will sometimes include (intentionally or accidentally) part of their cleaning crew which often are a bunch of beetles meant to eat the roach sheds and poo.

And yeah, I think astronaut food is likely not too healthy for a dragon. :lol: The bigger question is whether or not they'd eat it

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
they weren't these guys. it was like a big roach. yeah, Squishy had no interest in the veggies. and i don't blame him for not liking it XD
anyways here is a pic of the roach.
82276-8311150735.jpg
it looks like a dubia on crack. it runs way to fast :lol:
Edit: i plan to feed him this big roach, i know he is going to like it, when he is hungry! :D
for now, the roaches are getting astronaut food :D

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
that's a male. oh my gosh.. i thought it was a dubia transformation D:
time to study on dubia's. thank you!
i can finally start a colony! *insert evil laugh here*

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Yeah, the adult males look super different. Even the adult females just look like big dubia, but the males get the big wings and yuck.

I'm not generally bothered by bugs, but the adults make me very squeemish. I have a dubia colony regardless... I'd still recommend it but dfkjhdksgg. Gross adults.

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i have been noticing about those bugs. there is always that gross one somewhere :lol:
i don't mind them, i thought it was one of those big roaches, that i held one time! it was as big. Squishy would have a huge meal by then!
the adults are the weirdest part on bugs! D:

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Haha, the males do freak me out a little. All the others I can deal with, but the males with their big 'ol wings just creep me out :lol:

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i don't mind the males at all. i need more of them D: i need to start making my colony soon!
but the roach i was carrying was 2-3x the size. it was so cool.
82276-5172594641.jpg
i wanted to feed it to Squishy, but despite how big it is. 8.99 a roach is kind of high o_O

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
BeardieLover232":diy07sjg said:
i don't mind the males at all. i need more of them D: i need to start making my colony soon!
but the roach i was carrying was 2-3x the size. it was so cool.
82276-5172594641.jpg
i wanted to feed it to Squishy, but despite how big it is. 8.99 a roach is kind of high o_O

IS THAT AN IVORY HEAD ROACH?? Called me crazy, but I think the ivories are pretty 8)

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
it had a weird name, i am going to have to check. but i think it is :D
it is PRETTY big! i heard you can feed them to reptiles, but i been getting mix answers from the reptile store :(
you can keep them as pets, and they can be used as feeders a MEGA thanksgiving dinner for one whole dragon :D

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
BeardieLover232":23f1dda9 said:
it had a weird name, i am going to have to check. but i think it is :D
it is PRETTY big! i heard you can feed them to reptiles, but i been getting mix answers from the reptile store :(
you can keep them as pets, and they can be used as feeders a MEGA thanksgiving dinner for one whole dragon :D

Yeah, they are pretty weird!

Here is a male dubia:
87623-6895269835.jpg

Male Ivory Head:

87623-5462097502.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom