blending greens

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayce82

Juvie Member
what's a good way to blend up some greens to syringe feed my guy? I have got to get him eating again? he slowed way down and now he hasn't eaten in probably a week or so. he hasn't lost much weight but he has got to start eating again. I think his uvb went bad and I didn't realize and that's what has him messed up. I just put a new t5 in cause I was using a t8 and heard t5 was alot better. or will the new stronger t5 eventually make him gain his appetite back?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I wouldn't be forceful with the feeding unless he starts losing weight. They are capable of going for a while without food if they need to or want to.

To answer your question though, I used to blend up a veg mix with water in a blender and then poured it through a mesh strainer. The solid bits went into a smoothie for me or discarded. Then I poured the rest through cheesecloth (a piece of sheet or pillowcase etc. will work too) and got some of the extra water out. I did this until whats left was about the consistency of baby food and could go into a syringe easily. That gave me a pretty good even consistency without it being too watered down. I could make about a weeks worth at a time and kept it in a jar in the fridge.

jayce82

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well I'm not being extremely forceful. I am force feeding once a week baby food and soy yogurt and a little water. he was 475 grams and he's down to 468.6 grams. not s real big loss really but my guy has me terribly worried.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
That's a reasonable loss, not to worry about. My guy poops off more than that sometimes =).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom