Green Chard

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Went out today to get some greens, accidentally picked up green chard instead of collards like I normally do. I know swiss chard binds calcium like kale, but will one week of regular green chard be okay, or should I just not feed greens this week?

Thanks!

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
It's ok to feed it, it's a bit more like spinach than kale. The "bindings calcium" just means that it isn't available to the body. A week shouldn't cause any harm - it long term that's a problem.

If you have plain calcium powder you can dust it a bit if your worried but it should be fine.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
Taterbug":3pvn2gv8 said:
It's ok to feed it, it's a bit more like spinach than kale. The "bindings calcium" just means that it isn't available to the body. A week shouldn't cause any harm - it long term that's a problem.

If you have plain calcium powder you can dust it a bit if your worried but it should be fine.

Thank you Taterbug!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom