bearded dragon isnt eating as much

Status
Not open for further replies.

matero3o

Hatchling Member
recently he was addicted to waxworms, im weening him back onto crickets and he only eats 2-3 a day..also his tail is very blurry like hes getting ready to shed it, could that be another reason?

matero3o

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
ill post a picture of him, i think hes healthy..hes recently getting off the addiction of waxworms, that might be why

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He's still fairly little. He looks nice and healthy though. Alert like you said which is good. He is probably being picky and the shed may be affecting his mood/appetite as well. Just be patient and keep offering him healthy feeders and he'll dig in when he gets hungry.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
matero3o":16xqlyb0 said:
91435-8158548758.jpg

He's aware and active

And definitely wants you to give him your undivided attention .... when your lizard parks himself on the keyboard it's wise to do as you are told , ........

Also having this issue..My 5 month old (I think...petco dragon..) was introduced to superworms and will barely touch his roaches now. He used to dig into them when i put em in his bowl but now he wont even move off his perch when i throw em in. He eats his veggies though.

He is about 15 1/2 inches long and 240~ grams

(I know we are supposed to wait until 16 inches for supers, i misread the posts :/)

Good news, my lil buddy ate more like his usual self today. So just keep holding out and offering him live feeders at least twice a day.

How big is your dragon? Ours are about the same age and I wanted to get a comparison. I posted this earlier but just in case, I have a male 5-6 month old, 15 1/2 inches long and 240~ grams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom