Getting bearded dragon to eat his salad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ali4004

Hello! I've had Ike for about 2 months and he's always been very uninterested in his salad. He's about 4/5 months old now. I've been trying to get him to start eating some but he hardly does. He'll take a bite here and there and that is about it. I've tried mixing his worms into it. I've also tried just giving him the salad before his worms. Nothing's worked so far. Any suggestions?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
At that age I wouldn't worry about it too much. They still prefer bugs to salad when they're growing because they need lots of protein to support growth spurts. Just keep making it available so it's a familiar food source. As his growth slows at around 12-18 months he will eat (need) less and should start moving to more salad and fewer bugs (he will still want bugs though). I've found that if salad is familiar to them it makes the transition a bit easier. The leftover salads can go to a bug colony to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom