syringe feeding

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayce82

Juvie Member
I see alpt of y'all talking about y'alls beardies love eating baby food and soy yogurt out of syringes. well how the hell are y'all doing this? mine literally hates it. if he sees the syringe come out he runs.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If they like the taste of the food getting given to them by syringe they soon learn it's not anything to fear.

Different story if the stuff in the syringe tastes nasty .... it then becomes a two man job.

Mysty

Juvie Member
Its good to get them (and you) used to a syringe as it is good practice in case meds ever need to be given. Soy yoghurt or pureed greens/butternut/suitable fruit are good things to try in a syringe.

My two adore plain soy yoghurt.

jayce82

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well I have peach flavored soy yogurt (only kind the store had), and sweet pototato baby food. so far he will take one lick and start backing up like the syringe is trying to kill him lol. I've been force feeding the soy cause he has been on antibiotics for a week but he is done with meds now so I'm trying to get him to like the syringe peacefully but it's not working. should I just keep trying everyday till he doesn't mind it?

Mysty

Juvie Member
Personally I would not force it.

Things to consider is warming the contents so its not a cold shock and dripping yoghurt on his nose for him to lick off at first. If he does this keep going with little drops and he might come to the syringe.

If he is practically running off on sight of the syringe, I'd give it a break from trying and have another go in a week or so.

jayce82

Juvie Member
Original Poster
well the only reason I force fed it was because of the meds he was on. he needs probiotics to help the harsh effects of the antibiotics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom