Dragon hates multivitamin powder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've started noticing that Elle (who's a baby, IDK how old, but about 10 inches including tail) is much more excited to eat when her wormies and bugs when I haven't covered them in calcium or multivitamin powder. I just recently got some BSFL so I know the calcium isn't needed now, but she still needs the multivitimain, right?

I'm still very much a new owner (almost a month now) and worried about every little thing-- is she eating enough/not enough is a big one right now)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I've found that this very common , none of my pet skinks and dragons like the taste / smell of ReptiVite .

So I mix 1:1 calcium powder with reptivite and this seems more acceptable to my mob.

If your feeder insects are BSF maggots (naturally high in calcium), and she detests the taste of vitamin powder. It is worth buying some liquid vitamin to give to her by orally by syringe (you'll likely need to dose by her weight) , this might be more acceptable tasting.

Houseforbeardie

Original Poster
Glad to hear I'm not imagining this. I suppose it's not that strange that they prefer their bugs taste like, well, bugs!Thanks for the advice. For now I'll keep alternating undusted/multivitamin dusted bugs--- she doesn't completely ignore the dusted, just won't gobble them up as readily. Hopefully this'll keep her well fed and not vitamin deficient... do you have any suggestions for a liquid vitamin? I'm going to hold off for now as I don't have a scale yet, though.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Houseforbeardie":3ejnuvaf said:
Glad to hear I'm not imagining this. I suppose it's not that strange that they prefer their bugs taste like, well, bugs!Thanks for the advice. For now I'll keep alternating undusted/multivitamin dusted bugs--- she doesn't completely ignore the dusted, just won't gobble them up as readily. Hopefully this'll keep her well fed and not vitamin deficient... do you have any suggestions for a liquid vitamin? I'm going to hold off for now as I don't have a scale yet, though.

If you were in Australia I'd recommend http://vetafarm.com.au/product/herpavite/

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't bother dusting worms but I dust my main feeder bugs (dubia roaches in my case, could be crickets or similar). I suggest trying Repashy Calcium Plus which is an all in one that works pretty well. I haven't had an issue with dragons refusing it but they all have their preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom