Earthworm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelique

Has anyone ever fed earthworms to their dragon? I have an earthworm farm, I raise them for a different lizzard I have, yesterday my beardie found one that has escaped and he ate it before I could get to him, he seemed to really enjoy it and was searching for more. Is this something I could feed him as a treat?

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
i have considered it! but i don't know the effect of a beardie eating too many earthworms.
they always say not to feed your reptiles wild caught bugs, but i think it's okay, as long it doesn't have pesticide or anything, it is a good idea to put the insect in a separate tank for couple days until anything that it ate is eliminated. i think its good to give it a treat though! :)
i know my dragon loves to eat rollie pollies, beetles,june bugs, and cicadas. :)

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
Earthworms are high in calcium IRCC and lots of moisture. If she likes them and you are confident in their being clean and healthy no problem. People often cry "parasites" but it's been unclear to me what if any parasites earthworms would pass on. They may cause diahreah so keep an eye on her stools.

Rolly pollie bugs are also a good feeder - they are super high in calcium. (16:1)

BeardieLover232

Hatchling Member
i am assuming dirt! :lol:
my dragon once ate a bee, i am like noo! and it is gone. my dragons wants more bees. i am like no!
something new about earthworms, i am going have to see if my dragon will eat earthworms now :D

Angelique

Original Poster
I have my own worm farm , so I have plenty on hand . Good to know they won't hurt him. He really was so happy to have caught and ate it. Will be a good treat for him , I have a lot of them that are now to big for my allagater lizard to eat so maybe one of them every few days will help keep him happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bert_L
Top Bottom