My bearded dragon is slowly eating less and less!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
So at about the beginning of this month, Blaze stopped eating his vegetables, and only would eat live food. Then starting this week, he will only eat the bugs very slowly, and today he only ate one! He did not eat anything on Sunday and Monday!
So is he just not hungry? Or what?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Has his weight dropped off at all? Sometimes they just go through phases of not wanting to eat much for various reasons. If he isn't losing much weight and he's active, he's probably OK.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":15igrwdg said:
Has his weight dropped off at all? Sometimes they just go through phases of not wanting to eat much for various reasons. If he isn't losing much weight and he's active, he's probably OK.

I don't think he's lost much weight, he seems to be just the same!
I no longer have a scale to weigh him though. He's been the same activity, he's a bit lazy but crawl around all over me when I hold him!
Actually I think he wants to brumate!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It should be the time of year he wants out of brumation. I'd keep a nice long daytime light schedule (I just increased mine due to the time change). If his weight is stable I wouldn't worry about him too much at this point unless his activity starts to really decline.

reptilemaster

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Yeah, I hope he stops when it gets warmer here!
I forgot to mention that he always want to go to bed very early!
Also I'm suspecting that since he is full grown now, he is not so hungry anymore, like when he was growing!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah their appetite definitely drops off as they get fully grown but it will still fluctuate. My guy will go a week or so without eating much and then just go to town on something he has his mind set on. The odd weather recently might have an effect too. Super warm out to super cold and back within a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom