Bearded dragon weight and height, with food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakshasa

Hi there,
I have a nine month old bearded dragon, whome is 45cm long and 415g. Is this about right? She doesn't look obese, and in her poo isn't showing any fat deposits. I just want to ensure this is the right weight for her build, as I have not been able to find a good source of weight and length charts according to age.

She has veg once a day, and loves her veg. Her medium size bowl is often all gone by the time I feed her some hoppers.

She has a box of hoppers every tea time (3 hours before her lights go off) in a box there is usually 20+ and she eats all of these down.

Sometimes I give her some worms, as a treat, but this isn't often as I know these are much like 'sweets' to them and can become addicted and get fat from them.

I just want to ensure what I am feeding her is the correct ratio for her age.
Also when will the ratio have to change, as in more veg than live feed. I know as an adult they don't need live feed everyday, I'm pondering about what age this would be? And when would be best from weaning her off her live feed everyday.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
415g sounds pretty good. Can you post photos of her? You can upload them here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them using the XIMG button.

At her age she should still be at around 80% bugs and 20% veg. This will gradually change as her growth slows down. Usually between about 12-18 months but this varies from dragon to dragon. Keep salads available every day and at around 12 months switch to one feeding of bugs per day then to every other day, then to every third day or so until the overall ratio is about 80%veg and 20% bugs. This is just a rough guide though and the transition is usually gradual.

rakshasa

Original Poster
CooperDragon":1rw88p31 said:
415g sounds pretty good. Can you post photos of her? You can upload them here https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ and post them using the XIMG button.

At her age she should still be at around 80% bugs and 20% veg. This will gradually change as her growth slows down. Usually between about 12-18 months but this varies from dragon to dragon. Keep salads available every day and at around 12 months switch to one feeding of bugs per day then to every other day, then to every third day or so until the overall ratio is about 80%veg and 20% bugs. This is just a rough guide though and the transition is usually gradual.

Here are some images of her, they are the most recent images. She's sleeping right now, so cannot take some here and now. She sometimes only has one feeding of bugs a day, it depends how she feels. But I have noticed she normally denies the morning hopper feed. And then gobbles down her evening feed.

88909-1072436865.jpg
88909-9598100334.jpg
88909-123886532.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
She looks quite healthy to me. Her arms and legs look well developed and her head and tail fat pads don't look sunken in. I don't see anything to worry about =)

rakshasa

Original Poster
CooperDragon":amnznz71 said:
She looks quite healthy to me. Her arms and legs look well developed and her head and tail fat pads don't look sunken in. I don't see anything to worry about =)

Alright, awesome. Thankyou so much for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom