My beardie doesnt have a large appetite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pmorris

(I think i posted this in the wrong forum the first time hopefully this is the right one.)
Hi im still new at being a beardie mommy lol its only been about 3 weeks and my beardie is 6 months old. Ive notice that people say their beardies eat upwards to 30 or more crickets a day and i dont feed natsu crickets (because ive had experience with them when i had my fire belly toad and they were noisy and stink) i feed him dubias and he may eat 10 to 15 a day, some days less than that. Hes still very active, he runs around in his tank and when i let him out to explore hes all over the place. He seems to be healthy and his temps at his basking spot range between 98 - 109 so he can choose where he wants to lay and his cool side stays at 80 - 85. Hes very alert and curious but i want to be sure that hes okay and getting all th nutrients he needs.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Hi there, as long as he's eating what he wants, is active and seems healthy then he should be fine. Some eat more than others, just like people. If you're using a calcium supplement 4-5X a week and a multivitamin -2X a week [ as well as greens like turnip, mustard, collard, arugula, dandelion and some squash ] then he should be fine. Some dragons won't eat much veggie but if they have good supplements it makes up for it to a degree. Can you post pics of him + his set up ? Here's how :
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to attach pics.

Pmorris

Original Poster
90934-7609188314.jpg
90934-321251839.jpg
Sorry i took these las night he was sleeping lol , but yes i do dust with calcium and vitamins and i do offer him greens but he has a reptisun 10.0 and 100 watt reptisun basking bulb

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Good looking dragon. :) He might be a tad thin but nothing unhealthy. Do you offer live food twice a day ? If not, you can try that.

Pmorris

Original Poster
Thanks! And yea i do offer two feedings but the second time i try its like he wants nothing to do with it. Ive tried putting them infront of him one by one and ive tried by hand. I find myself doing it for a good hour and he just isnt interested i try and give him a superworm for a treat but he wont even eat it. Luckily he has a wellness visit on tuesday so ill get a fecal and adenovirus test done just to be sure everythings okay hopefully hes still just adjusting to his new environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom