Is it safe to feed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheech123

I woke up this morning to find white mold on my roaches food (grain based food). It's not a colony, just a few hundred I've picked up to feed my two juvenile dragons. I cleaned out the mold and put the roaches in a new tub. Is it safe to still feed these roaches to my dragons? Should I wait a few days? Just throw them out?

kornel351

Hatchling Member
I would either say u should wait a few days or throw them out but don't feed it to them because it's better to be safe than sorry

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree. Wait a week or two and see how they do or if the mold re-appears. Offer them some nice hydrating veges in the meantime and replace it daily to reduce the risk of further mold growth. You'll want their tub to be well ventilated (mesh top usually works well enough) to help prevent further mold from appearing.

Cheech123

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. I'll wait a couple of weeks and see. If a lot of them die off I'll just toss them out. I just placed an order online for some micro supers and crickets, so I only need to buy a couple days before I have quality feeders again.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Even if they don't die and you want to keep them isolated for a while, just keep feeding them veggie scraps and they'll eventually grow and establish a colony. If all goes well the colony will be a good source of food. They're pretty hardy and easy to take care of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom