Feeding Schedule for Baby Beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash91ley

Okay so I'm just curious of how you guys feed your baby beardie's, how many times a day and what you're feeding them? I had a little dillema with mine where he stopped eating for a good while adjusted the uvb and basking lights and within hours he has perked up and started eating again! So I had just went out and bought Pinhead dusted with calcium and I just gave him three for now. Should I give him more since he hasn't eaten in so long and he's super hungry or just wait till in the morning to feed him again any advice on scheduling would be nice thank you in advance.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
This is how I did it for Rex and Puff, then Peppa and Toothless.

Lights on 6am

Feed #1 @ 9- 10am = small (1/3 size) gutloaded crickets (1st 3 handfed, then hatchling back into rearing tub and given rest of crickets a few at a time til hatchling looses interest)
Feed #1 is biggest bug meal of day.

Feed #2 @ 2pm = small gutloaded crickets (a few at a time til hatchling looses interest)

Feed #3 @ 6 - 7pm = small (1.5"long) or medium (2"long) silkworms (up to 8 small, or 4 - 6 med) given on fresh piece of mulberry leaf, together with roughly torn buk choi greens + grated veg (carrots, sweet potato).

Lights out 10pm.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
ash91ley":hgtfiwuf said:
Okay so I'm just curious of how you guys feed your baby beardie's, how many times a day and what you're feeding them? I had a little dillema with mine where he stopped eating for a good while adjusted the uvb and basking lights and within hours he has perked up and started eating again! So I had just went out and bought Pinhead dusted with calcium and I just gave him three for now. <<< ONLY 3 pinheads ? even for a 4 week old this is way too little food.
Should I give him more since he hasn't eaten in so long and he's super hungry or just wait till in the morning to feed him again any advice on scheduling would be nice thank you in advance.

At 5 weeks old Peppa and Toothless were each polishing off up 16 small (25day old (10-12mm) to 1/3 size(12-14mm)) gut loaded crickets per day spread over 3 meals until my silkworms reached a size worth using them as feeders.

ash91ley

Original Poster
Awesome, thank you for that. Since he just started eating again I will definitely try something along those lines in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom