Seemingly half starved lizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berryr386

Geez, I cannot seem to feed my beardie enough. He will eat anywhere from 20-30 crickets a feeding ( I feed him 3 times a day). Even right after I feed him, he still runs around the enclosure looking for food. I don't know how to satisfy him.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Baby beardies are know for their bottomless pits. It is possible that they feeders are too small, so you could bump up the size. You could also switch to a more protein-packed insect, such as roaches. But for the most part I wouldn't worry.

Berryr386

Original Poster
I will bump up the size with my next order of crickets ( which will be soon). Poor thing makes me feel like I'm starving him.

Berryr386

Original Poster
I guess I am. He stops taking them out of my hands, and if I drop them in his enclosure he lets them run right past him ( I don't like doing that, as I don't want crickets loose in the cage). A few minutes later he acts as though he is starving. I used to have the opposite problem, he wouldn't hardly eat at all, now he is ravenous. I have only had him since Christmas.I don't know if that is just part of them getting bigger or what, nit experienced at all with beardies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom