Nutritious meal for impacted beardie. (My own recipe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently my little beardie, Nairobi, became impacted. We took her to the vet and she told us to keep her on a liquid diet. Well Nairobi doesn't like eating liquid food, she likes juicy crickets and greens so I normally have to force feed her liquid diet from a syringe. I hate to have to force feed her all her stuff seperately and feeling like she's not getting everything she needed so here is a recipe that I'd like to share! It allows your beardie to get everything they needs with just 1 or 2 syringes per meal time (depending on size).
On a side note, along with this recipe, I also give her a mix of prune juice and olive oil.

This recipe makes about 1 cup.
REFRIDGERATE LEFTOVERS TO USE LATER!

Materials:
- Anything that will purée. (I used a mortar and pestle)
- Syringe
Ingredients:
-Calcium supplement (I use spray.)
-Beardie's favorite greens
-No sugar added pumpkin baby food
-Another no sugar added baby food of your choice (Preferably squash, sweet potato, or more pumpkin.)
-Olive oil
-Pedialyte
-Water

Preparation:
Take about 1 generous handful of your greens and spray or dust with calcium supplement and purée a bit.
Add 2 oz. of pumpkin baby food, 1 teaspoon of baby food of choice, 2 tablespoons of Pedialyte, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, and a nice splash of water.
If you're using an appliance to purée the ingredients you can do it all at once, but if you're doing it by hand you should purée after adding each ingredient.
Once it's complete you'll have a nice liquid similar to the consistency of chocolate milk. If there are tiny chunks of soggy greens, it's not a problem.
Make sure to warm up a bit before you feed it to your beardie, especially if you've just taken it out of the fridge.

If this helps at least 1 person, I will be satisfied.

The completed product will look similar to this!
F7D02A0D-4642-4D19-BD80-877151ECE548_zpstpjczvoz.jpg

MotherOfDragons9789

Original Poster
I've now been giving her this recipe every day for 4 days now along with the normal dose prune juice and olive oil and I she's been letting out incredibly large poops and last night she released a huge watery pile of feces!!! Before feeding this to her she was only letting out 1 tiny poop a day!
It really works guys!! Her progress since eating this has been insane!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom