Does my baby dragon need D3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbrat91

My husband read somewhere that too much d3 can cause health problems with our baby dragon and that of we have a uvb light we dont need d3 at all. Is this true? Should we use calcium without d3? Also, should we be feeding him calcium (with ir without d3) every time we feed him?

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
What UVB light do you have?

Depending on your situation what you have read is true, but it's a little more complicated than a yes or no answer.

halima16

My understanding is that even if you have decent UVB lighting in your viv, it is still important that baby bearded dragons get the necessary amount of vitamin D3 for them to properly grow and develop.

What I do is I very lightly coat my crickets with calcium&vitamin D3, and a multivitamin powder once a day before feeding time.

If you do this, you will not have to worry about giving your baby beardie too much vitamin D3. As they get older, however, you will need to give them less vitamins. When they are full adults, you would only need to coat their insects with calcium and vitamins 1-2 times a week.

But there are some people who have reported not using D3 in their calcium because of the UVB light.

I just feel like if I make sure to not over do the calcium w. D3 when I do use it, then I don't see an issue with having D3 in the calcium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom