Calci worms, dubias and dusting

Status
Not open for further replies.

StitchChe

I have an approximately 3 month old beardie, Stitch. I couldnt deal with crickets (too jumpy for me) so I am currently feeding him calci worms and dubias every feeding. My question is, as he eats quite a lot of calci worms, do I still have to dust the dubias with calci dust? And he gets fed twice a day, do I have to dust both feedings. I am currently following the bearded dragon cheat sheet for dusting with the calci dust and multi vits.

Also, his urate recently has had a bit of yellow at the end, but is wetish and there is enoigh of it. I believe I read somewhere that that could be a sign of too many supplements, which is one of the reasons I thought I'd ask about dusting.

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You don't need to dust the calci worms but I would keep dusting the dubias. Just a nice light even coat will do. I put them in a yogurt cup and sprinkle some supplement and shake so there is an even coat then offer the bugs. I do that for each feeding of dubias to ensure they have a good amount of calcium. I offer the multivitamin instead of calcium maybe one day per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom