Worms

Status
Not open for further replies.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
The general rule for supers is 16". Hornworms are softer and easier to digest, so as long as they are the size between his eyes, I don't think there is a set length (though maybe I'm wrong?)

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
IMO and general view here is no superworms until the beardie is 12 months old - only as treats.

I fed my beardies silkworms from 6-8 weeks old, at which point I was giving them mealworm sized silkworms (small about 1.5" long).
I expect the same can apply to hornworms.

Being very soft and squishy, the rule about the space between the beardie's eyes doesn't apply for very soft worms like silkworms and hornworms. I was given medium sized (1.5"-2" long) silkworms to Peppa and Toothless at 3 month old .

nathb1

Hatchling Member
Yeah I heard if its soft worms you dont need the between the eyes. If not oops poor Dixie received some big small hornworms at 3 months :( even small hornworms look big. She never had any problems, think it made her poops more watery tho...She gets calciworms as a staple and used to give her few times a week silkworms and hornworms and some butterworms occasionnaly.
Between the eyes things can be a bit confusing.
I was watching a video on you tube about a dragon breeder and he said its not the lenght of the eyes but the width of the eyes?? If that makes any sense

nathb1

Hatchling Member
so the way he was saying the cricket would be place vertical and if its not fatter or bigger than the size between the eyes?
Like o|o and i always tought it was o-o?cricket would be horizontal
He was saying that his dragons at 6 weeks was eating 1/2 size crickets ?Can they?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
nathb1":1bx8jr1f said:
so the way he was saying the cricket would be place vertical and if its not fatter or bigger than the size between the eyes?
Like o|o and i always tought it was o-o?cricket would be horizontal
He was saying that his dragons at 6 weeks was eating 1/2 size crickets ?Can they?

No that is way too big. It is the length, no width of the cricket

beardieloversyd

Original Poster
Right now I am feeding my beardies about 12-20 crickets a day depended on how many he will eat. He also eats food pellets and freeze drives vegetables. How do you all feel about freeze dried crickets? Also what type of worm should mix into his diet and where is the best play to buy them?

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
beardieloversyd":2e4h4m87 said:
Right now I am feeding my beardies about 12-20 crickets a day depended on how many he will eat. He also eats food pellets and freeze drives vegetables. How do you all feel about freeze dried crickets? Also what type of worm should mix into his diet and where is the best play to buy them?

Give him as many crickets as he can eat in 10-15min 2-3 times a day. He should be eating 20-50 crickets a day

Ditch the pellets, they are junk, same with the frozen veggies, Get him turnip greens, mustard greens, collard greens, endive, dandelion, or another approved veggie. Freeze dried crickets are not very good, beardies need live :D

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Oh, I forgot about the worms. For worms, try silkworms, BSFL (aka black solider fly larvae, repti-worms, calci-worms, and phoenix worms), and small hornworms. All of those can easily be purchased online.

beardieloversyd

Original Poster
Okay last question, haha, how do you all store your crickets? I saw online where I can purchase like 1,000 but I don't know where I would put that many.

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
Just go to Walmart and get one of those 18 gallon tubs for like $4. Works great and is super cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom