Mr. D settling in and eating well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good day to all. Mr. D is settling in nicely and eating his dubia and a few superworms twice a day now. He is eating 40-50 small dubias at each setting, with 1-4 worms each setting.

I feed him in his tank the first time and then spent 30 minutes trying to find the ones he did not eat. Frustrating. I have, since then, found a large gray tote to feed him in. I have a light attached, to warm the tote for 30 minutes before breakfast and before dinner. I put him in the tote with paper towels on the bottom and then add his food. He goes to town and after 12 minutes or so he starts scratching the side to let me know he is done and ready to get out of the tote. It is so much easier to put the left over bugs back in their bins afterwards.

He is almost 4 months old and the smalls are going well. I have 1000 now and a 1000 coming around the 20th. I am wondering if I can go to the mediums after that or how long he should stay on the smalls. He does well with 2-6 worms a day but when he first came home last week and ate 10 superworms, he did not eat the next day. That was when I choose to disregard the sellers advice of 10 worms a day and no other bugs. I went by my research instead. Since Tuesday he has been eating the dubias and a lesser worm diet very well. Each day, as he is settling in, he seems to eat more of his veggies while I am gone to work. I will be able to see over the weekend how he is doing with the veggies, since I will be at home.

Sorry for the long post, just trying to make sure I am on the right path.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Sounds like Mr. D is doing very well. :) Or is it Pancake now ? I'm sure that he can handle the medium dubias now and it's great that he's eating his veggies ....you can skip the superworms or just feed him a few at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom