How much should my dragon be eating (18 months)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuuuart

My dragon is around 18 months old. About 5/7 days a week I feed her several large superworms. In addition to the worms I give her an assorted salad. Although it is rare for her to finish a salad. Usually she takes a couple bites and loses interest. Her salad is made up of collard greens, kale, mustard greens, carrots, and squash. I doubt most people feed their dragons kale but its always been her favorite green by far. I also give her crickets once every other week. My local pet store started selling dubia roaches, so I want to add them to her diet. I got a 15 pack (half inch in length) for $5 and gave her a few every other day on top of the superworms and salad. She downs the worms and roaches and still looks hungry. Should I be feeding her more or less? I read that adult dragons eat mostly salad but she barely eats her's. Is this normal for a dragon her age?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
How is her weight? At 18 months she should be on mostly salad. The salad you're offering sounds fine. She should get a nice big salad every day. She can get bugs every 2-3 days. One meal all she wants in 5-10 min or so. If she isn't eating the salads you can hold off on bugs for longer as long as her weight is OK. This will help convince her if she's being stubborn. The supers aren't all that nutritious so I'd use them only as an occasional feeder. The dubia roaches are a good staple. My dragon (about 2 years old) eats maybe 5-10 large roaches at a sitting but that varies depending on his appetite at any given time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom