Beardie not eating as much

Status
Not open for further replies.
My beardie is 1 year and 2 months old and his eating pattern has slowed down a fair bit. He wasnt a beardie that would eat a lot anyway but has always been offered as much as i could afford. last few weeks he will only a few days a week and it may only been a few ripped up pieces of kale or maybe 1-3 crickets. Is this normal for a beardie of his age or should i try buying new food to interest him. He is not underweight by any means and always has food to eat if he wants.

Thanks in advance.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It sounds like he's approaching full size so his growth and appetite are slowing. He should be on mainly salads now and dial back the crickets to one meal all he wants every other day or so then every third day or so while offering a nice big, varied salad every day.

OperationReggie

Original Poster
Ah right ok thank you very much, i have been offering him greens every day buy only some days he will eat them, is that normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom