Staple Foods

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feed mine crickets and kale and squash. I used to feed him dandelion greens but the store stopped selling it.

What vegetables and greens can I feed him as a staple?

his kale ALWAYS goes bad fast, can I freeze it and take the amount I need out and feed it?

Can I feed him leaves from a tree out side? If I can what kind of leaves?

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
AlduinTheWorldEater":dynj48eq said:
I feed mine crickets and kale and squash. I used to feed him dandelion greens but the store stopped selling it. If you check ebay , you'll see dandelion seeds being sold, they are dead easy to grow.

his kale ALWAYS goes bad fast, can I freeze it and take the amount I need out and feed it? I think you may be successful if you blanch in boiling water for 30 - 60secs and snap chill in icewater prior to freezing , I've done this with mulberry leaves for my silkworms.

Only tree leaves I know off that are available overseas (outside Australia) that are safe to use as greens are mulberry tree leaves (in particular white mulberry) . some types of hibiscus , and maybe some citrus (lemon, orange) , if the leaves are edible by humans , they are fine for your beardie to eat..
In the USA and EU (?) , maple and mesquite (?) leaves are used by some.

If you have herbs, most are fine to use as greens.

Refer to http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html for more options wrt greens and veg staples.

AlduinTheWorldEater

Original Poster
kingofnobbys":1jwyroiy said:
AlduinTheWorldEater":1jwyroiy said:
I feed mine crickets and kale and squash. I used to feed him dandelion greens but the store stopped selling it. If you check ebay , you'll see dandelion seeds being sold, they are dead easy to grow.

his kale ALWAYS goes bad fast, can I freeze it and take the amount I need out and feed it? I think you may be successful if you blanch in boiling water for 30 - 60secs and snap chill in icewater prior to freezing , I've done this with mulberry leaves for my silkworms.

Only tree leaves I know off that are available overseas (outside Australia) that are safe to use as greens are mulberry tree leaves (in particular white mulberry) . some types of hibiscus , and maybe some citrus (lemon, orange) , if the leaves are edible by humans , they are fine for your beardie to eat..
In the USA and EU (?) , maple and mesquite (?) leaves are used by some.

If you have herbs, most are fine to use as greens.

Refer to http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html for more options wrt greens and veg staples.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom