Feeding dish - small roaches can't escape

Status
Not open for further replies.

traildrifterphalanx

Sub-Adult Member
Hey all,
Popping in with what I would consider a helpful tip

I recently bought some new feeding dishes for my adult and baby dragon. I bought them with the intention of holding dry kibble (I call them 'cheeto puffs') in case they got hungry while I was at work, though they don't often touch them.

http://www.petsmart.com/reptile/supplies/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/all-living-things-reptile-bowl-38653.html

I purchased a size medium (about $6.99/ea in US) and since discovered yesterday that small/medium roaches cannot climb out of these bowls. They are deep, cosmetically pleasing, and heavy so I know they cannot get tipped over. They also fit snug into the corner of the enclosures.

While trying to introduce my baby beardie to associate the feeding bowl with his food, I discovered that the small/medium roaches I was placing in the bowl could not escape. They would attempt to climb and then fall onto their backs and kick.

I have not yet tested this with larger roaches or worms, but I'm definitely happy with this discovery.
This allows me to fill roaches into the bowl before I go to work so they can help themselves.

89300-6009156587.jpg

Mordecai

Juvie Member
I bought a big dish from a thrift store that was for holding a candle has a lip on the top and is very heavy. Nothing can get out of it. It's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mnstorm07
Top Bottom