Beardie Won't Eat Crickets

Discuss topics of food for your beardies here.

Beardie Won't Eat Crickets

Postby Mike1992 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:31 pm

[TOPIC AUTO-LOCKED DUE TO INACTIVITY]

Hello all,
Today I went to feed Zack some crickets and he would not even go near them. I usually feed him in a separate enclosure from where he stays but he has out grown the feeding tank and can't turn around in it. I tried to feed him in his main enclosure and he wouldn't eat. I moved him back the feeding tank and he still wouldn't eat. He has never refused food before so I don't know what could be wrong unless he didn't like the change. Temps are good so I don't think that's the issue. He also ate 6 or 7 decent sized horn worms 2 days ago. Maybe he's still full?
Mike1992
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Beardie Won't Eat Crickets

Postby AHBD » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:18 pm

Probably because he had a taste of hornworms. Some dragons will get picky after they eat a favorite new food.
AHBD
BD.org Sicko

Postby Mike1992 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:51 pm

AHBD wrote:Probably because he had a taste of hornworms. Some dragons will get picky after they eat a favorite new food.

He eats them all the time. They are definitely his favorite but he has never refused any food
Mike1992
Hatchling Poster

Postby diamc » Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:27 pm

Depending on the size of the hornworm, a large would can be equal to 30 crickets or a fat medium, 15 crickets so he may very well still be full.

As long as he is acting ok otherwise, I wouldn't be concerned that if he went one or 2 days without eating.
diamc

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Feeding