Hand feeding = spoiled rotten?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delta94

So I originally bought a separate 10gal tank to feed my beardie in but he wouldn't eat in it, so I gave him his way and started feeding him in his viv. I've always hand fed him but I'd drop every other roach and let him chase it.

Fast forward a couple months and now he refuses to chase them lol. He sits there and stares at me because he knows I'll eventually give in and hand it to him. I know he'd eventually eat when he got hungry enough, I just think it's funny that this little lizard has me wrapped around his claw lol.

Anyone else have a spoiled brat? xD

i think my beardie is heading in this direction, lol. hes 5 and a half months and loves to chase his food, but sometimes he will stare at it and then just walk back up to me for an easier meal! i used to think it was because his crickets blended into the cage a little but sometimes i really do think that he just doesnt want to put in the effort. i do not want him to become lazy as he matures..

delta94

Original Poster
SynclAirbender":ffpjdmug said:
i think my beardie is heading in this direction, lol. hes 5 and a half months and loves to chase his food, but sometimes he will stare at it and then just walk back up to me for an easier meal! i used to think it was because his crickets blended into the cage a little but sometimes i really do think that he just doesnt want to put in the effort. i do not want him to become lazy as he matures..

Lol, my boy is about the same age and when it comes to food I guess he's lazy but still very active otherwise.

Mordecai

Juvie Member
I feed mine in a desperate bin. I dump one or two crickets in at a time. It they run off to quick he will just sit there staring at me until I give him more in front of him or chase the cricket around till it hops close enough to him to eat. They are very manipulative and can be lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom