Spock's eating habits have gotten very strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

nukeswife

In March Spock seemed to go into a semi-brumation, she was down for a week, we took her out to bath her, she was up for a week and then went back down again. We had trouble getting her to poop after she got back up again and took her to the vet. She had lost some weight (went from 304-277g) so the vet had us start giving her feedings of emeraid (a carnivore and omnivore mix) with a syringe a couple times a day. After the first couple days she began attacking the syringe with gusto and slurping the stuff down. About a week and a half later she started eating the supers and greens we were offering her so the vet said we could stop the syringe feedings. Her weight was back up to 311g and was pooping every few days. But now she's gotten to where she'll only eat a few bites of salad every couple days and will eat maybe 2 supers every 3 days. She won't eat the hornworms, butter worms, or dubias we offer her. Since she's eating so little she's also only pooping every week or so. Her weight is still 311g (I weighed her this morning) and she's not super active, but does her usual basking/walking around her tank. The vet did a fecal and she had no parasites. She's about 16" long and we got her from petsmart about 1 year ago. She's in a 40g breeder with a 24" Reptisun 10.0 tube UVB mounted inside the tank and a 150W heat lamp mounted above one side. Her cool side temps are around 78-82 her warm side is between 86-90 with basking ranging from 105-110 depending on if she's on her log or rock.

Any thoughts on things what may be going on with her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom