How can I get my bearded dragon to eat more veg

Status
Not open for further replies.

drakedragon

Juvie Member
So for the first time a few days ago she ate a full dish of collard greens, but since then she hasn't eaten anymore. How can I get her to eat more of them.

sam121oh

Try some other types of greens like dandelion greens and mustard greens. Mix them up in a bowl and leave them in the cage. You can also try dusting a little calcium on the greens (Pascal loves the extra flavor and actually licks the calcium off the greens).

I've had great success with mixing in a few wax worms with the greens. Beardies love them, and will go after them and get a few bites of salad in the process. After a couple times they'll probably just start to eat the salad on its own.

emleebee

My little girl seems to LOVE mint...mint in itself doesn't have much nutritional value, but it's strong smelling enough that it seems to make her eat the other greens! I've just been doing small pieces of a little bit of mint and mixing it with mostly dandelion greens, and she's actually going for the greens before her carrots and blueberries (her favorite treats, I usually put in a couple of small pieces). Its nice because I just got a bit of mint and that went a long way since I'm only using a small leaf with a larger amount of good greens. Hope it helps!

unkempt1

Juvie Member
melissapetrie":2j2imyb8 said:
I've had great success with mixing in a few wax worms with the greens. Beardies love them, and will go after them and get a few bites of salad in the process. After a couple times they'll probably just start to eat the salad on its own.

This worked well with my dragon as well. I too used waxworms. I don't know if you did this, but my little trick was to get them wet; they would stick pretty well to the collard greens so it was hard for her not to get a piece of one here and there. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom