Beardie Nutrition Website

Status
Not open for further replies.

8Eight8

Okay, for the newbie.. how occasionally is occasionally? Once a week, once a month? I've been trying to feed her a nice and varied salad, but the only thing she'll eat out of the bowl is the bok choy. We've been trying to only give it once a week, but is that still too often? Also, can we feed her different occasional foods each day or is that each week/month? Will her tastes grow as she does? She's only 4 months now.

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to make sure she's getting a well-balanced meal!

Beardednoob

BD.org Addict
TheVillan":2iwd8wqu said:
So, according to this list, the only 'green' live foods are silk worms and phoenix worms, which are difficult to get in the UK.

I'm having to feed a mix of mini mealworms, crickets and butterworms....none of which are green in that list.

You can request to the website that they obtain and add these feeders to the list. :wink:
Most of what is there is by request.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Note that Crickets are much healthier after they are gutloaded. Same goes for all insects.

-Brandon

Finally got some Phoenix worms, Kyle loves them..won't eat crickets anymore. Have been giving him some greens & carrots, the canned soft squishy kind..not much of a veggie eater yet. I usually give him the worms 2x a day with the veggies in between, they sit in his tank. ALso give him the fortified pellets, soaked in pineapple juice or just water, doesn't seem to eat those either.
He is a lil snuggler, he loves to snuggle on my mom. he climbs up and wiggles to get just right under a wrinkle on her sweater and goes to sleep.

techdave

Juvie Member
Original Poster
Stupid question...does the squash need to be cooked or just cut up raw?

Not a bad question. It doesn't matter. Some beardies like it raw, others like t cooked. Either way, just make sure the pieces aren't too big.

Thanks! Will cook it to make it soft....tonight we gave her some swisschard from our garden...we grow everything organic....Cora loved it! She even came out of her cage on her own to eat tonight :)

beardie parents

BD.org Sicko
Thanks for sharing the new link to your site. I had the old one linked and just deleted the old one and put the new one in bookmarks.
I wouldn't have know about the change if I hadn't seen this post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom