Parsnips? Of all things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Was making a stew tonight, and had some leftover parsnip. Looked it up, saw it's safe as an "occasional" food. Offered some to Wave.

She grabbed it like I'd been starving her.

The only other veggies she's really shown an interest in are peppers - she'll eat her greens and squash, but she really goes for peppers. Not like the parsnips, though! I was very surprised. But don't mind - I like parsnips, too! Good excuse to buy them occasionally. Everybody likes 'em!

Anyone else have a dragon who loves, of all things, parsnip?! Or anything else that seems kind of odd?

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
If you ever happen to have some extra, try it - I'm curious about whether this is a Wave-thing, or a general dragon-thing! :wink:

I guess maybe it's just sweet enough to entice her...?

My dragons seem to be rather different in that they really just like green things. I've tried all sorts of fruit and none of it goes over very well. But I'm game on trying anything! :p Oddly enough, my one bearded dragon likes to eat pineapple on occasion (not very often, but as a treat). How weird. :p Red seems to scare them away. No strawberries or raspberries for my dragons.

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
At least they like the "right" color! Good dragons. :wink:

Wave isn't hugely fond of fruit, either - she'll nibble at watermelon and grape and blueberry, takes the occasional bit of strawberry, but likes the peppers (and parsnips, apparently...) a whole lot more. Haven't tried pineapple!

TASTIGER

Extreme Poster
mine love arugula! i put a little bit of it in their salad and thats the first thing they go for

OgleRpets

Sub-Adult Member
Lucius all time favorites are green beans and butternut squash. I haven't tried parsnips but I think I should. :D

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Haven't tried green beans here yet, either! I'll try green beans, you try parsnips! :wink:

Gragrac

Robert's been on a bit of a hunger strike lately, but he still goes nuts for cherries. I think it's because I gave him bits of cherry when he was first settling in. Comfort food. :lol:

warnisha

Juvie Member
Hmmm will have to try that! my baby will pretty much eat whatever, seems to be snubbing her squash lately though. But the greens she gobbled up before I could get the other dragon's food in his cage...came back and had to give her more! lol! Both mine love greens...leafy greens. As far as other stuff our big guy isn't too interested in much other than the greens...occassional strawberry but thats all! I keep trying though!

my boy wants nothing to do with anything that isnt green and leafy. i thought he was just abnormally picky, good to know its not just him!

Jamiedog

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Paradon":29emlq30 said:
Parsnips is the most nutritious veggies in the world.... Asparagus is a closed second.

Is it really? Wow - for once, I like something healthy! Now if they can just prove that chocolate chip cookies are the perfect supplement (for me, not Wave - she can't have my cookies; there's a limit!)... :wink:

MandixLeex":29emlq30 said:
my boy wants nothing to do with anything that isnt green and leafy. i thought he was just abnormally picky, good to know its not just him!

Even if he is, at least it's for the "right" thing! :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom