Feeding my 2 year old Bearded Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

chirish

Hello all,

I'm beginning to switch my Bearded Dragons diet. Mushu typically eats about 60 crickets a week and a good 25 superworms a week. I know he's supposed to be on a 80% veggies and 20% protein diet. He eats very well and loves chasing the crickets :) I'm thinking of switching from crickets to phoenix worms and feeding him about 50 phoenix worms and 25 superworms in a week. Is this an ok switch? Should I keep feeding him crickets? On top of that I feed him veggies daily and feeders every other day. Is this a good method? I'm also buying some adult bearded dragon food to put on top of his veggies. Should I feed him the adult pellets daily or a few time a week? Is the RepCal or ZooMed adult food any good? Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

Patrick

mickeysmomma

Sub-Adult Member
I keep a bowl of the beardie pellets in all of my tanks, all the time. They munch on them thru out the day. Not a lot, but a bit.

I feed them their salads every morning. I feed my adults superworms 3X a week, and my baby worms/crickets daily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom