Red Chard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is red chard an alright green to feed my dragons? I am trying to find some red greens to feed my 2 dragons for some variety for them. I ran into red chard at the local health food store and picked some up. Is this ok to feed to my dragons? My dragons are 6 months old. Any advice, knowledge, or suggestions would help.

covedweller

Juvie Member
i've also wondered if red chard was an acceptable food for my beardie. i can't find it on any lists as good OR bad. anyone?

diane

ylojeepguy28

Original Poster
I can not find the answer to this question at all. I really would like to know for sure before i feed it to my little ones. Any help would be wonderful

3bds

Hi,
I feed my big beardies finely chopped rainbow chard from my yard. It all tastes the same to m. It comes in pink, yellow, magenta, plain, red. I also offer finely chopped or sliced zucchini, butternut squash and some other green - like collards or mustard greens. a few silkworms might be placed on top (they tend to stay put all day). i don't mix it and let them choose from the separated portions. Sometimes they eat all of one pile and not of another. Over several days, it balances out. One beardie's fav is sliced zucchini, the others is any type or green and the butternut squash. the iguana loves chard, but also likes collards and other greens. i don't think the color makes any difference since all are doing great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom