Concerned about Gobi not eating roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slawson

Gobi is about 6 months old. He usually loves his roaches, however the past week he wants nothing to do with them. He will eat hornworms and salad but just looks at his roaches. Should I be concerned?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
No it sounds like he maybe needs a different insect-- have you tried some crickets or BSFL? As long as hes eating thats good -- they do get tired of eating the same insect --
Karrie

Slawson

Original Poster
He ate the BSFL when he was young, but got sick of those. I even tried them recently and he wouldn’t touch them. He’s not into the crickets either. He really likes the hornworms, but I know that’s not a balanced diet. But he definitely isn’t eating as much as he was, that’s why I’m a tad worried.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Try some silk worms ---- you can get cupped a/ food or the bulk which is like 50 and they come small you will need to get food if you order that way --
www.reptilianarts.com
Karrie

Slawson

Original Poster
Ok I’m still so concerned about Gobi. He just isn’t eating like his normal self. Absolutely not interested in his roaches anymore. He did poop today, which I will post a pic of so someone can tell me if it looks normal. He is also shedding on his head at the moment.
109334-4853863288.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
That to me looks like good poop-- him shedding will effect the appetite- w/ him eating his salads that's good -- have you gotten the silk worms?

Slawson

Original Poster
I’m going to order some today. Glad to know his poop looks good, he does have some liquid with it that runs down on to the floor, that I assume is normal? He is eating his salad just fine, just not the bugs. Hopefully he will like the silkworms. Seems all he wants right now is hornworms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom