Supplement dusting question

Status
Not open for further replies.

natnat

Hello- I'm getting a juvenile beardie soon and I'll be feeding a mix of dubia roaches and black soldier fly larvae. I know I don't need to dust the BSFL with calcium but what about the roaches? Should I dust half of the roaches I feed? And for the multivitamin I'd still do 4-5x a week. Thanks!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week once per feeding - dust the insects -- the calcium w/ D3 5 x per week once per feeding - dust the all the roaches -- what kind of UVB are you using?
Karrie

natnat

Original Poster
Thanks, I'm using a reptisun 10.0 T5 HO. I thought for the repcal multivitamin for a juvenile it would be 4-5 x per week but I could be wrong? And just dusting the roaches with the repcal calcium should be fine?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
You will need to start w/ calcium w/ out D3 NO phosphorus at around the age of 1 or so -- he will not need the D3 5 x per week then since you are using the T 5 bulb -- you can use the D3 two times per week and then w/ out D3 3 times per week - if your dragon is eating alot of his salads you would not need to use the vitamin then as well --- if your dragon does not eat a lot of veggies then I would continue w/ the vitamins 2 x per week - I have been told the vitamins 2 x per week and dusting the roaches only is fine -

c5johnson

So I just got a beardie, and I have a question regarding the supplements. He’s approximately 8 months old, and I got him from the Animal Rescue League.

I know the Calcium is supposed to be given 3-5x/week, and the multivitamin should be given 1-2x/week. However, the directions on the containers say they should be dusted together. I have also read to give them on alternate days. Which advice should I follow?

I have a 24” Reptisun 10.0 T5 light, I know it’s been mentioned that has an impact on the frequency of supplements.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I dont know about dusting them together - just to be on the precautionary side I would not dust together- that way your avoiding mishaps unless some one tells you different like your vet or some one w/ more experience -- are the vitamins and calcium the same brand? And yes the T 5 is a stronger bulb and helps absorb the calcium - you can always PM Tracie (Drache613) on here and ask she is the vet tech mod and she could answer more of those questions better than I
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom