How much Ca (w/ or w/o D3) 4 beardie eating bsfl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadgirlV

Hi! I’m new but have been lurking for a while. Our family’s beardie is Newt and he is 9months. He is a rehome and has been w/ us for 2 months. He’s currently 13.5 oz and 15.5” (he’s gained 2 oz and 1/2” since we got him). He is in a 75 gal bioactive enclosure with elephant bush and opuntia that he likes to nosh on. I have a 130w mercury bulb for basking, highest temp 110-115, a 75 w Che that runs 24/7 and 75 watt white bulb for added heat. Low temp side 75-80. Also there are 2 24” slim tube fixtures w/ t-8 10.0 uvb. All bulbs are <2 months old. Lights are on timer for 6am-9pm. At 6am he gets a salad of mustard greens, collard greens or dandelion greens and acorn or butternut squash (alternate it to keep him interested) I also add a bit of carrot or peppers to keep it interesting and once a week blueberries or apples. Oh and bee pollen. To this salad I add 20 bsfl at bottom. When we get home 4pm I take him out and offer discoids (2 or 3 at most) and as many bsfl as he will eat in 15min. He hasn’t been eating the discoids so I put those back and give him bsfl. Occasionally he gets a superworm or hornworm. So here’s my question: I have Ca without D3 Ca with D3 and liquid spray vitamin Zilla brand with betta carotene. Can someone please help me figure out what schedule I should use for the supplements? I’m worried about possible Ca overload. Thank you!

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
I would do with D3 2 X a weel lightly + without D3 the same. A mulivit 1-2 X a week, but all dusting should be very lightly, esp. the vitamins.

BTW, sounds like a very interesting enclosure and I'd love to see pics. Can you post pics of it ? Here's how :

https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ Then use the XIMG to upload

RadgirlV

Original Poster
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I will try what you suggest and I will also try to post the pics. In the meantime if you go on the Amino app under the reptile group you’ll find me under the same username.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom