What to do what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guy's do with any dead crickets? Baby beardie eats about 5-10 crickets (editing to per feeding my bad lol) so we buy 3 or 4 days worth but a few die here or there. Im wondering if people throw them out or feed them to the beaded dragons just putting them in a bowl for them

JessPets

Gray-bearded Member
I forgot to mention: buy your crickets online and you will save a LOT of money. And your beardie only eats 10 crickets a day? That doesn't seem like enough. Are you only feeding him once per day or multiple feedings? Babies need to be fed 2-3x a day. Make sure the food is only the space between his eyes

Arvaksmomma

Original Poster
multiple times a day, about 3. I've tried feeding him ones that are no bigger than the space between his eyes, but He won't touch them. He is used to being fed mediums so he eats mediums. I feed him as many as he will eat in about 10 minutes each feeding. He definately eat's enough. I guess it's more like almost 20 a day.. Morning feeding is usually about 8, lunch time is around 6-7 and dinner is about 5. Even if we try to get him to eat more, he wont. He just will ignore them and i end up having to take them out before bed.

He eats until he;s full so im happy with it. He was also eating his kale and grapes yesterday so that was adorable to watch

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
If FRESHLY dead .... the go outside on the garden or lawn or other places where I know the resident wild lizards (skinks) will find them , but they need to be fast as the magpies and other native insectonivorous birds fancy crickets too and are usually pretty fast at making a meal of them, any that are left by the wild skinks and birds are dealt with by the ants.

My advise is use the freshly dead crickets to make friends with the local wildlife.

If starting to smell or gone hard and dry ==> bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom