Massive shedding... but barely eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

artemisia

Hi all,

My beloved Henry has been with me for a little over two weeks now, and in that time he's grown immensely. He's perpetually shedding; yesterday he "lost" this big chunk of skin from his neck and belly. He has entirely new patterns and colors on his head, plus white patches under each eye and what seems to be added ring-shapes on the legs.

He's also extremely affectionate; now when I put my hand in the tank he immediately runs up to it, for cuddles. He seems more awake and energetic than he was when I first got him. For example, he stares at me and follows me with his head, and even goes "tss," "tss" when I make noise. He loves to take baths, and as always his favorite perch is my boob.

Thing is, he barely eats! He'll eat maybe 2-3 crickets a day, tops, and maybe some apple slices. He absolutely refuses to eat veggies, so I've been spraying his food with a vitamin supplement. I give him food two times a day, and always leave plenty of crickets and fruit slices in there. He will ignore most of it, though.

I'm kind of worried about his lack of eating... but at the same time, he poops and grows constantly! What do you think?

Here are some before and after pics!

Henry, first day:

IMG_0009.jpg

Henry, two weeks later (note that head, face, and back have totally changed):

IMG_0028.jpg

IMG_0030_1.jpg

And last, but not least, bathtime fun Henry <3

IMG_0025.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
He looks pretty healthy to me. It's a good sign that he is energetic. The shedding may be causing him to lose appetite but he will need something eventually. I'd try offering some variety. Try offering him some Phoenix Worms and see if he likes those. If you can provide details and photos of your setup and lighting too I'll be glad to go through it and see if anything stands out as a possible problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom