Cilantro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up until now, I've been feeding a variety of celery, bok choy (however that's spelled) carrots, strawberries occasionally, squashes etc. I had surgery yesterday so my husband is caring for spike. He chopped up some cilantro and spike devoured it! Normally she doesn't touch her veggies. Is cilantro very nutritious to where I can add it in more often?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Cilantro is OK when mixed in as a portion of a salad sometimes. Your best bet is to mix a few items in each salad using a base of collard, turnip, mustard, or dandelion greens combined with something like squash or green beans and maybe a fruit or another vegetable. It depends on what you can get fresh. I use this list to reference when I put together salads. Remember that variety is good so include at least a couple of different items with each salad to provide balance. http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

anwyn

Mort really likes basil and mint leaves too. I put in little pieces and she eats it right up - along with the good collard greens it's stuck to. From the charts I've seen it doesn't have nutritional value but I put it in for a variety of flavours for her. (Mort is fussy and won't eat any fruit or anything not green and leaf shaped.)

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I used to mix into the salad a little mint from the garden on occasion without a problem. Wasn't a huge hit really but helped with stinky dragon breath ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom