INTERESTING qUESTION TO ALL OWNERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfm08

Hatchling Member
ok this is a question i would like to know.... what makes a bardie like or not like you???? I saw someone mention bad husbandry and i really dont know what they meant by it??? Any ideas????

NegativeCreep

Sub-Adult Member
I have heard that overheating can cause aggressive behavior...

But, as sad as it seems, I almost had to 'break' Blazey when she was young. I kind of had to force her to hang around me and get used to me.. prevent her from running and stuff like that.. now, she loves to hang out, and get out of her tank. No more hiding in the corner and stuff. It also helps that I clean her poo, bath her, and of course, feed her!

jfm08

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
VERY INTERESTING BUT WHAT IF THEY turn black kinda does this mean they will grow out of the color when they get used to you?

I would guess so. Pike didnt like me when I first got him, now everytime Im home and he knows its me he wants out. He also didnt really like my mom, but now he tolerates her since shes the one taking care of him.

Edricks

Gray-bearded Member
I think 'like' might be an inaccurate word. Tolerate or accept might be better, and it usually depends on how much you impose yourself onto them. Eventually, when you become more The Provider of All Things Edible and less The Giant Thing That Chases Us you become accepted.

Which is why adults seem to give the unimpressed with bieng moved look, but eventually snuggle down anyway. When you're not a threat anymore, you're a piece of furnature that sometimes disturbs their rest and makes food appear.

And foils those escape plans, in the case of my younger brat.

Nasubi77

Sub-Adult Member
To answer your question, husbandry is the control of housing, lights, UVB, food etc. In other words, the way you take care of your dragon.

So a dragon who has had poor nutrition and lack of UVB will most likely act kind of grumpy all the time.

Of course, some of the sweetest dragons came from the most horrid living conditions..just ask any of those on this site who do rescues.

And dragons who have had nothing but the best care cop some of the biggest attitudes!

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
Edricks":2ca50 said:
Eventually, when you become more The Provider of All Things Edible and less The Giant Thing That Chases Us you become accepted.
I like the way you put that! :lol:
As for the husbandry if they are not happy due to incorrect lighting, temps, food, supliments...etc....or are not free of parasites then they can't be expected to be all lovey towards you. Not only are you the provider of all things edible, but you are the provider of all things period. :wink:

Elora

Sub-Adult Member
I walk into Stompy's room and look in his viv, he is siting near a fresh poo giving me the :whip:
YOU THERE, CLEAN UP THAT POO. ITS BEEN NEARLY 5 MINUTES. :whip:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bearded dragon
Top Bottom