I'm babysitting 10 hatchlings

Status
Not open for further replies.

1happymommy

Juvie Member
I'm so excited to be taking care of my friends hatchlings for a couple of weeks.
They are so tiny. Hatched 11-20.

Right now there is a repti-glo 10 coil & red heat lamp. I took out the red heat lamp because it hurt my eyes.
I do not believe either is a good light.

These little babies are at my house. My friend actually has many babies because his female keeps laying. So I asked if I could care for some. I took 10 out of 20 from the batch. He also has some younger than these so I wanted to help.

UPDATE: I noticed people are reading this so I just wanted to let you know that the babies are doing good and I put in my powersun MVB from my turtles. I rigged the sliding door so I could leave it open about 3" to let out some heat to keep the temps around 105. The viv is only about 15 gal. I just could not use the repti glo because of what I have learned on here. I feel better and check on them every 5 minutes.

citrusdragon

Sub-Adult Member
Most of my friends get a little sketchy when I ask them to watch my dragons, especially the babies.
Your friend is very lucky to have someone confident enough to say yes.

I don't recommend the compact fluorescent bulbs, they can cause eye problems. Not sure about the Tropical light but it doesn't sound reptile UVB specific to me. I recommend the MegaRay UVB or a ReptiSun 10.0 fluorescent tube light.

The most important thing with hatchlings is to keep the ambient temp at all times, even at night.

Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom