Should I get an adult or a juvenille?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gulfbrzdawn

BD.org Addict
The adults are definitely cheaper to feed.I buy collard greens by the bundle for about $3.00.I wash up enough for a weeks worth(tear it up in bite size pieces and store in a container),then put the rest in a bag(sealed)in the frig.where it will last for a good 2 weeks.The other veggies & fruits are generally ones my family already eats(cut up or shredded in with greens).As far as feeders go, she still gets those daily, but just 3 to 5 worms.
As for the not growing anymore after 18 months,they will still grow just not as much as when they were younger.My beardie is 5 yrs old and pretty much stopped shedding just last year.I would say between the ages of 2 and 4 she grew 1 1/2" in length and got a little fatter.
By the way I just wanted to tell you that I think it's great that you are doing your homework first before getting your beardie.I think too many people get pets(especially an exotic)thinking they are so cool, but never think about what it takes to care for them.The vet I take my beardie to tells me horror stories of bd's that die because they are not properly cared for.I am fortunate that my vet(right down the hwy from me) is also the vet for our local zoo(also down the hwy from me) here in Florida.He specializes in exotics.In fact I'm taking Rex(my bd) in for her yearly well checkup today.
I think you will make a wonderful beardie owner.Keep asking those questions.There are a great number of people on this site with alot of knowledge. I wish I had known about a site like this when I first got Rex. It probably would have eased alot of fears I had of the "unknown".
Good Luck !!!

ScooterBlenny

Hatchling Member
dragons1222":e86c7 said:
yes 150 a month is alot

what feeders do you use that you spend that much?

he must be one happy beardie though lol

I order 1500 crickets about every 2 weeks (about $35 each order), and 400 Phoenix Worms about every two weeks ($26 each order). Occassionally the cricket or worm supply will last for 3 weeks, sometimes (like around holidays!) I'll need to stock up before 2 weeks and I pay more in that monthly period.

dragons1222

Juvie Member
i think i posted about the not growing thing

anyway i know they technically dont stop growing but they dont usually grow a substatial amount so i consider it not growing lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom