Teach to drink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
Turbo will not drink no matter what. He wont lick anything off his nose or anything. Is there any way to teach him? Iv'e seen the video on youtube, but It wont work for him, because he won't even lick water drops off his nose. He gets a bath daily but I'd like for him to learn to drink that way he doesn't have to sit in there so long (he's not a fan of bathing).

Cammy will usually take a few gulps of bath water as soon as I stick her in so once she poops she is allowed out of the water, cause she reeeally hates it in there.

slantedii

Hatchling Member
Instead of trying to teach him to drink (because in the wild they probably didnt often drink from any standing water) spray his greens so they are saturated with water before he eats..most reptiles get all their water from their feeders and greens anyway, learning to drink is not imperative for them. Misting him once in a while and bathing and spraying his greens will be more than he would ever be getting in an Australian desert, right?

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Yeah I do that. He loves beardy pellets so those are saturated with water and used as a topping on his salad as well. I just want to make sure he is getting enough. But I suppose you are right as far as comparing it to a desert.

fresnowitte

BD.org Sicko
In addition to what has already been suggested.
I don't use a water dish any longer, but when I did I would swirl my finger around in the water dish this usually gets them very curious they will come check it out and most of the time take a drink.
Also if it is a baby beardie you can run water droplets down the side of the viv it is like a cat with a string. They rarely can resist it. An it's very entertaining to watch. :wink:
But the spritzing of the greens works great for any beardie that will eat their veggies.

xJaZx

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Hmm thanks I will try that! Im curious how he will react :p

He has always LOVED his veggies, especially mustard greens. He has always been a wonderful eater since the day I brought him home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom