alovera

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovebeardeddragons

Gray-bearded Member
ok so i read some were that when a beardie is shedding that you can rub alovera on there back/were there shedding and it will help them shed is this true? cuz i hvae about 50 alovera plants lol

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
ilovebeardeddragons":9ca99 said:
ok so i read some were that when a beardie is shedding that you can rub alovera on there back/were there shedding and it will help them shed is this true? cuz i hvae about 50 alovera plants lol
Yes you can as long as its 100% pure aloe and you dont let them bask with it on.I usually do it right before lights out after a bath and by morning its pretty much gone but if there is any there you should wipe it off before allowing them to bask or they could get burned.

ilovebeardeddragons

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
ya its pure alovera plants cuz we had one and it had like 15 babies then all the babies had like 15 babys each so we have alot of plants lol so can i only put it on if there shedding or can i put it on when there not shedding?

vickson420

BD.org Addict
Retired Moderator
Well there really isnt a reason to use it unless they are shedding.I would only use during shed.

diamc

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Actually, I would be careful using the plant because I tried it on Sabrina and the area turned red, almost like it was bleeding under the skin and it looked pretty scary. I won't ever use the plant juice again. I prefer the Aloe Vera gel which clear and comes in a tube. You have to make sure it is 100% with no alcohol or fragrance in it. And, like Vicky said, you can't put them under their lamps after it is applied or it could cause a nasty burn.

ilovebeardeddragons

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
oh ok well i think it would be safer to use the acually plant not stuff in the tube cuz they prolly put otyher stuff in it but im only gonna use it if they are shedding and like it stops shedding you know?

pscaulkins

Extreme Poster
diamc":e343d said:
Actually, I would be careful using the plant because I tried it on Sabrina and the area turned red, almost like it was bleeding under the skin and it looked pretty scary. I won't ever use the plant juice again. I prefer the Aloe Vera gel which clear and comes in a tube. You have to make sure it is 100% with no alcohol or fragrance in it. And, like Vicky said, you can't put them under their lamps after it is applied or it could cause a nasty burn.

Wow, I have always used the plants but I take the outer skin off because it has stickers on it and just the jell on the inside on Semi. Hmmm, I will most definitely look for redness the next time I use it. All the tube stuff is not just aloe vera though or that I could find so I had to resort to a plant which I kill but the last plant has lasted 6 months. It has a cooling effect so it would make the beardie feel cooler. They should not bask with it on, though. I always bath first thing in the morning and applied it at bedtime. We use aloe vera for sunburns and if we burn ourselves cooking.

ilovebeardeddragons

Gray-bearded Member
Original Poster
ya i always use the jel on the inside i also use it when i cut myself and stuff and if i get rips in my hands (im in gymnastics) and it helps alot it kinda stings on cuts but it helps them heal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom